WHAT IS GOOGLE BUSINESS PROFILE (GBP)?
GBP is a business profile that any person can create for a business. It has functionalities such as adding business addresses, adding relevant contacts, adding a website, etc
Most restaurants already have this profile created so their restaurant appears on Google maps
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
By adding the store link to their GBP account restaurants are:
- giving more visibility of the Online Store to their customers, as the store link is associated with Google results
- giving more credibility to the Online Store, as they are recognising the Online Store as theirs, Google will place the Online Store link higher in search results
HOW TO ACCESS GOOGLE BUSINESS PROFILE RESTAURANTS ACCOUNT?
First, you will need access to your GBP account. To access your GBP:
- Go to google.com/business
- Go to sign in, add email and password
HOW TO ADD THE STORE LINK TO GBP?
The store link can be added to 3 fields in GBP: Website, Place an order or Menu. You should add the store link to all of them ?
Go to your Google Business Profile.
Select "Edit Profile".
5. Click the Contact tab.
6. Hover your cursor over the Website field.
7. Next to “Website”, select the pencil icon.
8. Enter your website address in the URL field.
9. Click the Save button to save your website link.
10. The website button will now appear on your Google Business Profile.
In case you have a food and drink account for business you can also add add a website URL in the order section:
- Go to edit profile
- Select Order ahead links
3. Add store link, click the star next to the link to make it the preferred website and click Apply
In case you have a food and drink account for business you can also add add a website URL in the menu section
- Go to "Edit profile"
- Select Menu link
3. Add store link
HOW DO I TRACK HOW MANY CUSTOMERS CAME FROM GOOGLE BUSINESS PROFILE?
Traffic that comes from GBP must be measured using UTM’s and Google Analytics.
- An UTM is an extra set of text that we add after the store link that has 3 parameters that must be defined:
- We recommend you to set up using these names:
- name: gbp_your_restaurant_name
- source: google
- medium: gbp
- To set this up, instead of adding only the link, fill a URL with the UTMs.
WHERE WILL THE TRAFFIC BE REGISTERED?
- Traffic from UTM is registered in Google Analytics in Acquisition → Campaigns → All campaigns
- Here you will find a table of campaigns. Each row of the table is an UTM identified by the parameter name
- Entering in a specific campaign, a new page opens with the source and medium and the UTM tracking data
- Traffic can also be checked in Acquisition → All traffic → Channels → Click on channel “Other”
- Traffic will show on the parameter source